Open to ALL AoD Grantees: CILs, DD Councils, P&As, UCEDDs, TBI, and CCE
SPACE IS LIMITED, SO APPLY NOW at:
APPLICATIONS DUE: December 18, 2023, 5:00 PM ET
Acceptance letters sent by January 3, 2024
Session Facilitators: The Washington Initiative for Supported Employment Plus Guest Speakers
Beyond Limits: Personal Journeys Towards Employment Success
Join us for this series of employment stories as we learn from six individuals with disabilities coming from different parts of the country who are in different phases of their employment journey. Gain insights as they share their unique perspectives of the challenges they faced, the lessons they learned and the accomplishments they achieved while navigating through systemic barriers along the way.
- Recognize what an individual with a disability experiences on their employment journey through first-hand stories.
- Gain essential information on how to provide quality services that work for the people you support and avoid mistakes others have made.
- Discover how to center the person receiving employment services in the creation of support strategies.
- Develop strategies to harness the power of inclusive community besides people with disabilities.
- Identify ways of encouraging employment advancement and opportunities for self-advocacy.
Virtual Classes: 6 sessions at 60 minutes per session
- Session One/Launch Meeting: January 8: 2:00-3:00PM/ET
- Session Two: February 12 from 2:00-3:00PM/ET
- Session Three: March 11 from 2:00-3:00PM/ET
- Session Four: April 8 from 2:00-3:00PM/ET
- Session Five: May 13 from 2:00-3:00PM/ET
- Session Six: June 10 from 2:00-3:00PM/ET
Session Topics include:
- Pursuing a Music Career While Working Three Part Time Jobs
- Developing a Job Through Community Connections, Curiosity and Advocacy
- A Life of Advocacy Leading to Employment
- Reflections from a Rabble Rouser Turned State Government Employee for Over 35 Years
- Bursting from Graduation and into Pursuing Acting, Music, and Art
- Finding the Place Where You Contribute: Developing the Path to Self-Employment
Session Links: Zoom Meeting links will be provided once grantees have been accepted into the e-Learning Community. The contact person(s) listed in the application will be notified via email. If you need accommodation to participate in the cohort, please note in the application or send an email to us at the Gmail provided below. Accommodation for the eLearning Community will be provided based upon request. The links will be sent from the DETACs Gmail Account, AoDEmploymentTA@Gmail.com.
Interested grantees should complete the application form. Registration is required by 5:00 PM ET on December 18, 2023.
SPACE IS LIMITED, SO APPLY NOW!
About the Facilitator:
David Murahashi, Training & Technical Assistance Manager
David has been a Training & Technical Assistance Manager at Wise since 2022 and has worked in the disability field since 2009. David’s work is inspired by his sister who experiences Down syndrome and his own journey after a brain injury.
He found his calling after job coaching students in School to Work and Transition Services in Washington State and ended up getting a degree in special education. He has developed programs and curriculum designed to help people with disabilities and their families prepare for future life and employment in their community.
He finds joy in facilitating Person-Centered Plans (PCP) that help individuals find their voice and help them make their hopes and dreams a reality. David has a strong belief that with the right support, all people have the skills, abilities and right to live, learn, work, and play in THEIR community.